CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

FLORENCE EVELYN HUNTINGTON

1916 - 2012

This oehfamily web site is dedicated to Florence Evelyn Huntington. Florence was the biggest supporter of the family web site idea and content. It is amazing that in her later years that she got her P/C and high speed Internet and learned email. She has also read most of the web site.

As the family interest turned to zero, Florence said “Don’t worry just keep the site going. They will come back.” She sent me a pack of photos for scanning. I returned the originals and used her images are in various articles.

Thanks Florence for your support and encouragement.

Send me anything you want posted

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

A family view from Jerry Huntington

Jerry Huntingston's email comment to me about family memories sure add perspective to what we hope to accomplish with this family site."Most of the family drama of the 50's and 60's was over my head, not on my screen. I can remember visits from Uncle Earl and Grandma Huntington, Auntie Marguerite and Gordon to the dairy where we lived, and her funeral, and several of the family get-togethers at the golf course when Uncle Earl worked there. I remember riding with Corale to Hot Springs when brother Mark was born. Auntie Marguerite was always kind to us boys, and gave us Christmas presents. I remember visiting your folk's house in Deadwood, the soapbox derby that came to the dairy farm, and back trouble for your mother. I remember visits to the dairy from Clara, and have some recollection of Boyd as a young man (he wore neat boots). I also have faint memories of your wedding and Corale's wedding, or at least the excitement associated with those events. Finally, I know that there probably are as many versions of an event as there were participants, so I try not to put too much stock in my memory banks."

2 comments:

JimmyOde said...

Yep, I'm a little surprised that Jerry remembers the Soap Box Derby Race Car. I think it took me and Ron about 6 days to totally destroy that race car. It was just not built to be pulled with a rope behind a running horse down a gravel road. Sorry Dick.
Jimmy

DickD said...

OMG what a funny comment and the vision is like the scene from the movie Fargo when they run the old gals body thru the wood chopper.

We didn't know what to do with the derby so I am glad it went fast %) But six days is a long time when you are carrying an anvil too!