CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

FLORENCE EVELYN HUNTINGTON

1916 - 2012

This oehfamily web site is dedicated to Florence Evelyn Huntington. Florence was the biggest supporter of the family web site idea and content. It is amazing that in her later years that she got her P/C and high speed Internet and learned email. She has also read most of the web site.

As the family interest turned to zero, Florence said “Don’t worry just keep the site going. They will come back.” She sent me a pack of photos for scanning. I returned the originals and used her images are in various articles.

Thanks Florence for your support and encouragement.

Send me anything you want posted

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Think Jimmy is right

This picture Florence sent me shows our house number as 1408 8th Street and we were across the alley from the house that later become Grandma Mae and Big Earl Huntington's house. Grandpa Ode and Mae lived to the left of this house when this picture was taken. Funny I don't remember much about Ode but I was scared of him in what few memories I have of him alive. But then I was scared of my Grandpa Charles Dunwiddie too. I guess grandpas were scary in those days and not like the PaPa s of today.

Oh ya that is my Dad Glen, me and Mother Opal.The greater family may have had its drama but few of them were lazy and they figured a way to stay afloat. My mother's sewing ended when we moved to Deadwood (1945) and that quilting frame was left in the house basement at 36 Wabash Ave. The pottery shop was her next thing after this. I panned for gold in the dirt basement and the stream of water that run there. Never found any gold, darn. My Mother fell into this basement and broke a tip of a vertebrae. It was slow healing and caused her pain but there was no surgery or anything in those days. This is the back problem that Jerry Huntington mentions in a later post.

0 comments: