CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

FLORENCE EVELYN HUNTINGTON

1916 - 2012

This oehfamily web site is dedicated to Florence Evelyn Huntington. Florence was the biggest supporter of the family web site idea and content. It is amazing that in her later years that she got her P/C and high speed Internet and learned email. She has also read most of the web site.

As the family interest turned to zero, Florence said “Don’t worry just keep the site going. They will come back.” She sent me a pack of photos for scanning. I returned the originals and used her images are in various articles.

Thanks Florence for your support and encouragement.

Send me anything you want posted

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Posted for Corale

Glee was the first child, only girl born to Jack and Florence Huntington on Oct 14, 1937. There were only 4 grand daughters born to Oliver and May Huntington, Corale Steele, Glee Huntington, Holly Huntington and Jolene Huntington. Glee had beautiful naturally curly hair, she was very special to me. Glee, Dick and me(Corale) were together a lot of the time as we grew up. I remember when she made her dressing table for her 4H project, I remember how she hated to milk cows, I remember how she and her brothers had to walk through the blizzards to get to school in Big Bend, I remember her when she was Miss Black Hills Teachers College in the Miss South Dakota pageant. After I married we lost contact with each other, which I continue to regret. She was a very pretty girl, her hair and snapping black eyes are with me to this day as if it were yesterday. May God Bless you my darling Glee, you will be in my heart forever.......Corale ~~Dick...please put in just what I have written...this is my tribute to Glee....Thank you Corale

0 comments: